Wednesday, July 16, 2008

I'm Back - All is Well

As we all know, sometimes there are surprises for us in life - things just don't always go the way we imagine. Two weekends ago, I was planning which knitting projects to take to the cottage for a week of relaxation and knitting. Would I indulge in a new project or finish off some that have been W.I.P. for much too long? I received a phone call informing me that my father (in London, ON) had been in a serious car accident. What followed was a week of the hospital emergency department and doctor appointments. There was plenty of knitting time while I waited and waited, but the stress doesn't make for quality relaxation. I am happy to report that while his car was a "write-off", there was no one else hurt and my dear dad is on the mend. I have left him in the care of a kind nurse and several friends, so he will be well looked after until I can return again soon.

It was hard to believe how homesick I could be in just a week and a half. I thought that homesickness was a child's "illness" - something you'd get when you were away at summer camp and I didn't expect to be hit with that "bug". It feels good to be back to the familiar of family, friends and my second home - Serenity Knits. I guess that was a long-winded way of explaining why there haven't been any updates from the store on the blog. I certainly appreciate my great business partner, Beth, who has filled in and taken over everything for me while I was away.

In my absence, our knitters continue to work on their wonderful projects. There is a rush to finish summer tops to wear during this heat spell. Here are the completed "Cotton Joy" tops of talented Maria (left) and Jeanette (right). The garments are just perfect for these balmy summer days and look great.


Posted by Karen













No comments: