Sunday, September 28, 2008

New Rowan Yarns

You may remember this picture of Beth from earlier in the month when our huge shipment of yarn arrived. This is actually our only picture of Beth - among her many talents is the ability to disappear when the camera comes out in the store.
This is what the contents of the boxes looks like now. It was our shipment of amazing Rowan yarns from Westminster Fibers. There is a huge variety including Aran and Dk Scottish Tweeds, finely spun solid colour Dk's and 4-plys, Kidsilk Haze (a blend of kid mohair and silk), Kaffe Fassett's Colorscape chunky self- striping yarn, Purelife (yarn spun without dyes in the natural colours of the British sheep), Summer Tweed and Kaffe Fassett's own colourways for new sock yarns.
It used to be that Rowan was known as "high-end" yarn, both in price and quality. Now with the favourable U.S. exchange rate and a new yarn distributor, the price has dropped dramatically while the same high quality that is synonymous with the Rowan name remains.
The new line of accompanying books makes choosing just one project impossible - I'm still struggling with which one will be first. There is a colourway in the Colorscapes Chunky line that has me tempted (more purples and blues for my wardrobe) and a perfect jacket pattern to go along with it. I have just 2 more squares in the Great American Afghan and a store sample sweater that I am disciplining myself to finish - then I'll make my choice. If only all decisions could be this much fun!
Karen




No comments: