Friday, December 7, 2012

2 and 1/2 weeks to go

This is embarrassing. I have done it again. I seem to have a problem reading calendars properly. Once last year, I announced a sale using the dates from an incorrect month. The first day of the sale came and went with hardly any customers. We were disappointed and surprised. Day 2 of the sale, same again. A customer came in saying she was just checking things out and would come back on Friday when the sale started. Light bulbs went on. Back in November I counted the Fridays until Christmas. There were 8, so OK 8 weeks to go to Christmas. Wrong, 8 Fridays means 7 weeks. Beth, you have done it again. Some one out there must have noticed I couldn't count. Couldn't you have saved me from embarrassing myself week after week. Like a couple of weeks ago when we were decorating the store for our Christmas Open House. Without me noticing, Gabriela clipped a Santa Claus clothes pin on the end of my pigtail. Then she let me go grocery shopping and doing various errands without telling me. I finally noticed it later than night when I was brushing out my hair before I went to bed. She thinks I have forgotten. I have not, I am just waiting for the right moment to exact my revenge.  Any way

It is 2 and 1/2 weeks to Christmas

Quick Knits for Babies

Minnow hat is adorable and a quick knit. Knit as written in sock yarn, it fits a newborn with a head size of about 14". The same pattern knit with DK yarn and you have an 18" size for somewhat older kids.  Other than the change of yarn to create the larger size, the only change I made was to increase the spacing between decrease rounds when you start the tail.

Minnow Hat in Sock yarn

Free pattern at the following link -
http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/minnow-hat

Easiest Ever Baby Blanket is just an over sized dish cloth and can be sized to use exactly the amount of yarn you have. Knit diagonally, you increase until you have used half your yarn and then start decreasing. 



Free Pattern at the following link -
http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/baby-love-diagonal-baby-blanket



One Piece Top Down Cardigan from Cabin "Fever Need A Baby Cardigan" is quick and simple. This pattern book allows you to use any weight of yarn from sock to chunky to knit a basic cardigan for age newborn to 18 months.  The DK or worsted version knits up in a couple of evenings and no seams. When you are finished knitting, sew on buttons and you are done.



 
 

Gifts for Knitters

 


 
One of our favourites collections of instructional knitting DVD's are Lucy Neatby's. Her teaching style is clear and entertaining. She has an extensive selection of topics. The full listing can be viewed on her website at the link below.
 
We always have a small selection of Lucy's DVDs on hand but if you want a particular topic, if you place an order by December 15th, we can have it in time for Christmas.
 
 

Pre-Christmas Specials




 
 


 
While supplies last, all magazines reduced 25%.
 
Beth

 





No comments: