Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)


More Blogs



Previous | Next
Join | List
Powered by RingSurf

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Artelia Marian Cowl


 
I am attracted to colourful and unusual yarns. As much as I enjoy them, it can sometimes be a challenge to find a pattern which works well with a yarn with which you have fallen in love. Artelia is a new yarn to us. Colours are great and each strand is a double twist of wool and metallic ribbon.
 
Artilea- NEW 
 
Artelia; check out details and colours  with link below to Estelle Yarns
 
 
We have 8 out of 10 colours
 
I have been eyeing one particular colour for a couple of weeks now and I just could not resist any longer.
 
BO-BG23-85
 
 
 
I struggled for a bit and finally decided on a variant of Marian Cowl, a FREE pattern on Ravelry.
 
 
 
 
I have knit several variations of Marian Cowl using different yarns and varying the size. It is easy, quick and reversible, with one very interesting twist. And I do mean twist. You know that twist every knit in the round pattern warns you to avoid when you join and begin a circular knit. Marian Cowl tells you to put that twist in on purpose. Then you just knit away like normal and as you knit a double twist appears.  It sort of looks strange, but if you are knitting a short single wrap cowl, if you put that twist to the front under your chin, it creates a thick cushy cowl that is gathered by the twist to fit comfortably under your chin.
  
 
 
 
I cast on 75 sts with a 24", 7mm circular, put in the twist and knit away using 2 balls (130 meters).
I am very happy with the cowl which resulted. It is 7.5" deep and 29" in circumference. If you are not sure about the twist, try out the store sample. I think you might like it.
 
Beth

 

No comments: